General Travel Insurance FAQ’s:

This page will hopefully cover any qestions or queries you may have about our General Travel InsuranceFamily Travel Insurance, and Winter Sports products. If you have a more bespoke question, that is not answered below, please feel free to contact us through our contact us page.

General Frequently Asked Questions:


  • You can buy a policy instantly online
    If you have any questions that aren’t covered on this website, please contact us first.

  • We cannot provide cover under our general travel insurance policies.

  • We offer: 

    Single Trip: up to 90 days 
    Annual Multi-Trip: up to 22 days per trip (Silver cover); max 32 days per trip (Platinum & Diamond cover). 
    *31 days for those aged over 65

  • Our maximum ages are per policy are: 

    Single Trip: Up to 70 (family cover up to 60) 
    Annual Multi-Trip: Up to 65 (family cover up to 60). 
    All policies must have at least one adult aged 18 years or over.

  • Trips in your home country are covered as long as you have pre-booked at least two nights’ accommodation in a hotel, motel, holiday camp, bed and breakfast, holiday cottage or similar accommodation rented for a fee. 

    This means that if you live in the UK and the UK is your country of nationality then you can travel within the UK for 2 or more days. The definition of UK includes England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. 

    If you live in the Channel Islands and the Channel Islands is your country of nationality then you can travel within the Channel Islands for 2 or more days. The definition of Channel Islands includes Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, Brecqhou and Lihou. 

    Please note: 

    If you are a resident of the UK and you will be travelling to the Channel Islands or you are a resident of the Channel Islands and you will be travelling the UK, you will need to purchase a European policy to be covered.

  • We can cover all countries worldwide except where you are travelling to a country where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against travel. Visit their website to find out more.

  • All our policies include over 100 activities covered at no extra charge. This is outlined in our General Travel Insurance policy wordings. 

    If you are looking for cover for more hazardous sports and activities that are not covered in the general travel insurance, please refer to our alternative product – Adventures. This specialist policy provides cover for over 400 sports & activities. For more information please download the Adventure activities list document on the Adventures product page.

  • If you are buying a Single Trip policy you should select the start date of your trip as your policy start date. Cancellation cover will commence once you have purchased your policy. 

    If you are buying an Annual Multi-trip policy you can start your policy within 31 days of today. If you have already booked your trip and want cancellation cover starting immediately you should select today’s date as your start date.

  • General travel insurance Single Trip and Annual Multi-Trip is available to people who have been permanently resident in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and who are registered with a Medical Practitioner in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

  • Please use your age as of the day you purchase your policy.

  • Travel Addict is a trading name of P J Hayman & Company. P J Hayman & Company is a specialist travel insurance and schemes provider founded in 1990 who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 497103). P J Hayman & Company is part of Lloyd’s Brokers, Crispin Speers & Partners thereby guaranteeing major financial resource and insurance market support. 

    General Travel Insurance Single Trip and Annual Multi-trip travel insurance policies are underwritten by Zurich Insurance plc, for sections A to K, L1 to 5 and M1 to 5 and by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of: Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE. for section N1 which is arranged by Supercover Insurance Ltd.

  • You pay online using a credit or debit card, we accept both Visa and MasterCard.

  • You can find details of the policy cover, limits, terms, conditions and exclusions in the policy wording. Our policy information pages also give you details of the cover limits – select what policy you would like from the right for more information.

  • We take security protection very seriously. When you enter your details online either when getting a quote or purchasing a policy your information is encrypted so no-one else can read them. You can confirm this by checking the padlock icon which you can find in the address bar.

  • We will send your documents to the email address you enter when you purchase a policy.

  • Your documents would have been sent to the email address you provided when you purchased your policy. If you can no longer find that email, please contact us with your name, address and policy type. We will then forward your documents to the email address you entered when you purchased the policy. If you have changed your email address since purchasing your policy, please call us on 02392 419 883. We are open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, closed Bank Holidays.

  • If you would like to make a change to your policy please call us on 02392 419 883. We are open Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm, closed Bank Holidays.


  • A UK resident is someone who lives in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.


  • You are a Channel Islands resident if you live either in Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, Brecqhou or Lihou.


  • To make a claim on General Travel Insurance, Family Travel Insurance or Winter Sports whether it is either a Single Trip or Annual Multi-trip cover, please contact; 

    All claims (EXCEPT claims under Section K – Legal Expenses and claims under Section N1 – Gadget Cover)

    Claims Settlement Agencies
    308-314 London Road 
    SS7 2DD 
    Tel: 0800 923 4213 (calling from abroad + 44 1242 218 163)
    Email: [email protected] Alternatively, you can download a claim form from: 

    Claims under Section K – Legal Expenses 
    Lyons Davidson Limited 
    Victoria House
    1 Victoria Street 
    BS1 6AD 
    Tel: 0800 923 4217

    You must make contact within 30 days of your trip ending.

    Claims under Section N1 – Gadget Cover

    You must notify Supercover Insurance, as soon as possible but in any event within 28 days of any incident likely to give rise to a claim under this insurance.

    Supercover Insurance
    Waterside House 
    20 Riverside Way
    UB8 2YF
    Tel: 0203 794 9300 
    Email: [email protected]

  • Our Single Trip policy can cover children under 18 travelling independently, subject to them travelling with a responsible adult. On our Annual Multi-trip policy, children under 18 must be insured with their family, but can also travel independently with a responsible adult.